Jan 29, 2008

Tribute to Grandma Jane




This all happened because Madelynn thought I looked like my Grandma as I was cutting the boys' hair one evening. So she decided to document it (not knowing that Grandma Jane doesn't have a computer, and therefore will not even see)!
A little background about my sweet Grandma. Mary Jane had her own beauty salon that was attached to the far end of their house. In the middle section of their home was the towns' only movie theatre (which my Grandpa ran for many years until it was no longer profitable). So imagine how fun for us when we went to visit, we saw free movies and I got to play in the salon with the dryers and the spinny chairs and the big sinks! My Grandma would often give me a perm or a haircut, I am sure glad perms were in style back then! After close to 50 years she finally retired this last year. She always said that she thought one of her two granddaughters would take over the business one day, unfortunately that would mean moving to a VERY small town where business of any kind is not flurishing these days! Maybe one day I will go to cosmotology school, but for now my boys are my loyal customers!

1 comments:

Allison said...

It is kinda scarey how much like Grandma Jane you look with youe glasses on. Good thing Grandma Jane is sooo darn cute! Jason won't let me touch his hair, he is kinda metrosexual sometimes I think. Zack always wants his hair JUST like dad so hopefully he doesn't end up as vain as his dad. Your hair looks REALLY cute, I love the cut and color you are sporting right now. Rick is such a ham, gotta love that guy!