Apr 11, 2008

What's Up With Us

Well.... not a whole lot! That is why my posting has taken a nose dive the last few weeks.

The kids had Spring Break (which really felt like winter break, except for the first couple days).
They are now back to the grindstone. Trying to get them motivated to keep up with school work and be excited about the next 6 weeks is going to be hard, when I am so ready to be done with it and on to summertime! We had a pretty laid back break, I babysat the two boys that I watch before and after school, I am watching them this summer too, so I got a little glimpse of what it will be like with 5 children (now I know why 3 was my magic number)!

Drew is still loving soccer, he thinks he wants to do football next season though (we'll see if that sticks when it is tryout time) I would love to see him do a new sport!
Madelynn is doing a cheer/dance class through the school, that starts Monday! I am so excited to see her do something, she is such a homebody!
Tyler is eagerly awaiting baseball, golf and swimming lessons!

Rick and I started a 12 week fitness challenge called Body For Life. I talked him into doing it with me so that he wasn't eating all my favorite foods in front of me. It is going well so far (this is only our 5th day) My body is tender everywhere from the weight lifting, and I went to Bunko last night and was able to abstain from the yummy food they were having (cheesecake and all)! We took before pictures on Monday, I have never laughed so hard at Rick, he is such goofball so it turned into a "see how stupid and fat you can look" contest. He warned me not to post them, but I will take cash if anyone wants to see!

Well that is about it from here, I will try to be better at pictures and updates (for all you family and friends that don't get to see us very often, the rest of you can just come over and say hi)!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Babs, I need your email address. I can't believe I don't have it. Why in the world don't I have it? I went private and want to invite you. Email me at lucyhj4302@msn.com and I'll add you.

You are all adorable and I can't wait to see your 12 week results. Go team!

Allison said...

I want to join the challenge. Rick is the LAST person you should have asked to join you, I think I weigh more than him!