May 23, 2008




Well the kids are DONE for the summer!
We just attended Andrew's 5th grade graduation! I am sitting there feeling so many different things, first~ is this really happening, did Andrew really just graduate to MIDDLE SCHOOL? second~ I am so not old enough to have a child going to MIDDLE SCHOOL! third~ I am so proud of him and all that he has achieved in his first five years of school. During graduation he received two extra honors, an award for being kind, respectful, and helpful. He also received an academic award for being an outstanding student, it was even signed by the President (he thought that was way cool)!

Immediately after school was over, Andrew and Madelynn were off on their first summer adventure. Our good friends, the Slocums, invited Andrew to go to Glenwood Springs and play in a soccer tournament with their son Deans' team. Well Dean's sister Camille couldn't be without her best bud, so Madelynn was invited also. I was sad to see them leave, they will be gone until Monday night, but I know they will have a blast.
So Tyler and Rick and I are going to hang out with cousins that are coming to visit, go to the Aquarium, the Zoo, maybe see the new Indiana Jones movie, and check out the Golf Club pool if the weather permits! I hope you all have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend, and stay safe!

3 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

Holy crap! I can't believe that Drew is that old! Yikes!

Allison said...

WOW! You are old! I can't believe that Drew is all grown up and moving on to Middle School, where did the time go? What is weirder is that both of our babies will be in Kindergarten this fall, that is even crazier. By the way, we didn't forget your birthday, we are just behind schedule, as always, and hope you had an AWESOME day.

Lucy said...

I can't believe you have a middle schooler either. I remember your entire pregnancy with Drew. We are getting old! But you still look so dewy and young! No fair:)