Sep 12, 2008

Rainy Day Baking






So today is going to be one of those wonderful cloudy, wet days, where you just want to stay inside and curl up with a good book or a movie (or even better, your hubby)! But since my hubby has to work, and I've read all the books in my house, I thought I would make some comfort foods.


We just bought a case of yummy peaches and they are ripening faster than we can eat them, so I ran across this recipe for peach crumble. Soooo deliciouso (I've made it three times already)


(i doubled the crumble part)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. butter, cut into bits
1/2 cup pecans

mix all together and chill for 15 minutes before sprinkling on top of freshly sliced peaches or apples, or any other fruit you have lying around. (use about 4 cups of fresh fruit in a greased 8x8 inch pan)
bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream!
And of course chocolate chip/butterscotch cookies to go along with my peach crumble! I made cookie dough the other day, and my family has eaten almost the whole bowl, so I thought I had better actually make some of the cookies, I only got about 10 cookies out of it! Hopefully I won't eat them all, but if I do (oh well)
I am definately working out today!

2 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

you probably have too much crumble to eat all by yourself...i should come help you!

Allison said...

I don't want the recipe, I just want a bite!