Oct 10, 2007

Great Pumpkin Event



This was the first official day of fall break ! I resolved myself to being a fun mom over break this year! Sometimes I can be kinda boring my kids have said in those exact words, and then I tell them back in these exact words "I didn't bring you into this world to be your personal entertainer all day every day"! I know I could have been a little less , well lets face it, MEAN!
So I set off to think of things at least every other day that would be fun and let them do things they don't normally get to do on a regular basis.

This was the Great Pumpkin Event at our local Micheals craft store. So for $5 they were able to decorate these cool craft pumpkins, they are great because they won't rot in a couple weeks.
I have to say, my kids are pretty artistic, although it was hard for me to stand there and just watch, I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I have trouble letting things be! Tyler did need a little guidance with the placement of his eyes and nose, you really need some symmentry with those things.














They had a blast and day one was under my boring old belt!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

They look cute. That is the kind of things that I have a hard time doing. I think "Do I want these ugly crafts around my house?" Not that YOUR kids crafts were ugly. But...well...you know what I mean.

But, they have so much fun and you earn so many fun mom points, that it's totally worth it. Way to be fun!