Oct 17, 2007

This and That

This week has just flown by already, I don't recall what we have done...some days tend to be a blur if nothing mind shattering happens! We did go and hang out with my good friend Kadi and her family on Saturday. They hired Rick to finish their ginormous backyard for them. So here he is sitting on his man throne while we were raking the rock and laying down fabric and pounding in pins, somehow I think he knows he had the fun end of the job. But we had a good time catching up!

60 tons of rock, no wonder my back and legs are killing me today! We ended up going back on Tuesday to finish. My kids were so good, they had a few bouts of miscommunication (or fighting) but all in all they were awesome, so Kadi and I are treating the troopers to a day at Mr. Biggs on Friday, nothing will be off limits! Notice the red pathway, the kids took great care in smoothing out more than half of it! Rick is so amazing, he is great at everything he does and he never complains, unless there are a few tons of rock still to move and the bobcat is going to be picked up in a few minutes! We work great under pressure.



Well I must say that I have done absolutely nothing productive all day! Scratch that, I cooked mac and cheese for lunch, so that was productive right?

Madelynn was able to go hang out with Rick at work today, so the 4 boys have been keeping themselves busy with movies, pool, baseball, and football....in no particular order.
As for me, I have been sitting in my jammies, staring at the computer...first I shopped a little. I am searching for a b-day present for Rick, he is a huge Rockies fan and it just so happens that they made it to the WORLD SERIES (for those of you who have been asleep for the last couple days!)! So Rick and Andrew were able to go to one of the playoff games, and that is all that they talk about! My point I was getting at was I am looking for some cool Rockies paraphenalia for him for his birthday, I hate the stuff with huge, obnoxious logos so that only left a few things that I really liked. I am too indecisive, I will probably just wait until he can look with me, although I did find a way cute shirt for yours truely! Well tonight is soccer, the last game for Tyler, and a scrimmage for Drew. I guess Rick and I are flipping the coin to see who gets to stand out in the cold at Tyler's game, or sit in the toasty van at Drew's scrimmage! I'm pretty sure I will get the warm situation, that is just how things work around here!

1 comments:

Barry and Shannon said...

Mac and Cheese is totally productive! Great pics!!!