Jan 2, 2008

New Years Wish

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year! We have been spoiled with dad home for the last few days, he is now back to work and I am back to blogging!



We had a terrrific Christmas, our day was filled with fun surprises from Santa, and from mom and dad! The kids were elated to find a Wii game system and some fun games to go with it! They had to search for this gift, but once they opened the games, they had a pretty good idea what they were getting! Rick and I just sit back and laugh at thier faces and over the top excitement, Oh to be a kid again!



We had planned a trip to Pagosa Springs, but when my good friend found out that they were not able to come, we decided to stick closer to home. We were invited up to a condo in Vail, so we stayed one night there, went sledding and up to Beaver Creak Village (I must purchase a fur coat before going back there): The next day we headed up the road to Glenwood Springs. The weather was soo cold, but once you step foot into the pools, wow.....so warm and relaxing! We stayed over night there and soaked for as long as our little fingers and toes would allow.



We were able to see two fun movies over the break, Alvin and the Chipmunks and National Treasure. We loved them both!




We spent New Years Eve at home. I made one of my favorite meals, chicken and dumplings (although it never quite tastes like moms). We drank shirley temples in margharita glasses (don't ask me where I got them, they aren't used unless it is New Years Eve), the kids loved to do cheers every five minutes while we ate! Then we watched the ball drop in New York, the kids lasted longer than I thought they would, and they actually slept in!



All in all it was a great ending to the year! I am so excited for 2008, I already have kept one of my resolutions, (working out every day)! I am hoping to stick to it and hopefully make a few more as I think about what I want to accomplish this year!

Once again...

HAPPY 2008




Madelynn as my co-chef, we thought our hard work was picture worthy!

0 comments: