Feb 21, 2008

A Body that won't Conform

So yesterday morning at the crack of dawn I awoke! That in itself is a miracle, but the reason I woke so early is to go running, which is something I love and have gotten quite accustomed to. (just not early in the morning hours)

I really don't like waking up and going out when it seems the rest of Colorado Springs is still sleeping but me! The streets are bare, the sun is barely making its appearance in the east, and there isn't even the sounds of nature, no birds to sing hello to me(not yet anyway).

But, I do it anyway and I feel so good while running and I even go an extra 10 minutes just for good measure... and the cookies I secretly scarfed down (those blasted girl scouts are going to be the death of me)!

O.K. so I'll get to my original point. I get home before the kids are up, I shower, get lunches ready, have some oatmeal, and continue to feel great...... until about lunchtime. I don't know what happened, my stomach started hurting so bad, the rest of the day I was in such pain. This isn't the first time this has happened, in fact it happens a lot after I run, and it makes me so irate. I am doing everything right, but still I suffer.

I subscribe to a Women's Health and a Runners magazine and I have been going through all the issues that I have received, so far I can't find any great wisdom about my issue. So for now I am going to press forward and pray that things only get better, I certainly won't quit what I love just because of my dumb stomach! Sooner or later it will learn to play along with my lifestyle!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Blasted bodies! Don't they know we are still 18?

Lucy said...

I wish I liked to run. I'm so impressed by your dedication. I've never been a morning person either, so I know that would be hard. Especially to combine the two hard things together.

I hope you feel better!

Angie said...

Jill I'm so impressed with your motivation! Derek and I are trying to make some goals to start running and get in shape. Although we're not as dedicated to start now, but when it gets warmer. I hope you feel better.

Allison said...

I feel your pain! You know I am your soul sista when it comes to running, just not first thing in the morning in the winter (ARE YOU CRAZY OR SOMETHING). I am having an issue as well. I will run a good three or four miles, feel awesome for a while then I get the WORST headache ever. I end up downing 400 calories worth of Mountain Dew, which counteracts all of the running, to give my body a jolt and a few excedrine to dull the pain. I feel like crap all evening and wonder if the runner's high is really worth it. Oh, to feel like our bodies look. ;-)