Feb 28, 2008

It Looks like Chocolate!!


Before and after pictures of my laundry room.

I have been having feelings of getting my house uncluttered, clean, repainted, scrubbed down to the deepest darkest places. You would think I was nesting before having a baby, but no, I just am sick of my house and the only way to want to stay in it is to CHANGE EVERYTHING!

My mom and dad probably remember me rearranging my bedroom at least once a month, if not more. Rick knows all too well that when I get bored with something, look out, there is going to be some major work to do. (he usually stays late at work on the days I tell him I am going to rearrange furniture)

So Tuesday morning, it was cold and snowy, Tyler didn't have school, so I could devote all day to cleaning up the laundry room and painting. Tyler was thrilled, he loves to help paint, and is pretty dang good. We even turned it into an alphabet review, he wrote his letters and then I would paint over them.

I had some chocolate brown paint left from about 3 years ago when I painted my living room, and after seeing a model home recently with chocolate brown in the mud room, I was in love! Tyler kept saying that it smelled like chocolate syrup, I on the other hand had a huge headache from the smell in that tiny space. Next I want new rugs, which I found at Lowe's, so look out spring, change is just beginning!

1 comments:

Jillybean said...

Hi,
I found you from Lucy's blog.
I love what you did to your laundry room! So cute.
I've been feeling the same way about sprucing up my house, I just cant seem to get the motivation to do anything about it.
Bravo!!

The other Jill