Feb 25, 2009

My long Hiatus!

So I have been away for awhile, but I haven't been doing anything that merits a grand posting on my blog!

So I'll just let you all know that we are still alive, we have just been going about our daily lives.

Tyler has some news, he recently added glasses to his charm and good looks! He loves them, and has adjusted well, he has to also sport a patch for a few hours a day. I haven't downloaded my picture of his new look yet, but hopefully soon!

Madelynn has been working really hard at school, she joined choir, and is as social as ever! What else can I say about my little sweetheart, she is easy and fun to have around!

Andrew has been enjoying the down time he has had since basketball is over. He is going to run the Bolder Boulder with Rick and I in May, so he is getting psyched up to start training for that. He gets to sport new braces this summer, so hopefully acne won't follow! (as a mom, I vow never to let the "awkward stage"of adolescents get the best of my children)

As for Rick, he has been the GM as well as the Superintendent for 7 months now, and is doing an amazing job of cutting costs way down and proving to the owner that the course is still worth his investment! I complain about the never ending work, but he reminds me that at least he is fortunate to still have a great job! So I am anxiously awaiting summer, at least when we are golfing, and swimming, we will be that much closer to dad! (if anyone needs a place to swim this summer, memberships are at an all time low)

I am chugging along with my daily duties. I have been reading the Fablehaven books, I have been exercising 5 days a week to get in shape for the summer and be able to keep up with my son in the 10K, I have been helping Tyler learn to read, I have been painting and redecorating my house.

That is just a quick update, sorry no pictures!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I love your updates. It's nice to what you've been up to.

We'll be heading up to the Boulder Bolder too, so let's try and hook up this time! I'll be sneaking in right before the close the gates (walking with Sam). So stick around.

Allison said...

YOU LIVE!!! It is nice to read a little bit of an update on the fam. I am awaiting summer as well, though I wish I was doing as well as you with the exercise (I fell off the wagon and need to hop back on).