Aug 19, 2007

Weekend Update



What a busy week it has been! Lots of homework, soccer practices, Bunko, my 1st indoor soccer game, Silpada party to get my house ready for, and church meetings. I was overjoyed when Friday rolled around! The boys were heading out for the annual Father/son campout, so that left Madelynn and I gearing up for a girls night! Madelynn is a diehard High School Musical fan, so we decided to stay home and watch the premiere of HSM 2. Madelynn invited a couple friends over and made a list of the goodies that were to be eaten. Granted I am 32 years old, but I think I was just as excited as she was, that Zack Efron is quite a looker!





Saturday was a fun day, I hosted a Silpada party for a friend that is trying desperately to get her side business off the ground before her second baby is born in October. She really wants to be able to stay at home instead of putting them both in daycare. Not many people came, but what can ya do! The boys then returned home from their night of rain soaked camping, they immediately started working on fixing up a used bike that Grandma Mary brought to Andrew. While they were doing that I went shoe shopping for some indoor soccer shoes (Andrews cleats are just a size too small, my poor toenail is black and blue from the lack of room). He also wasn't too keen on mom sporting "his" brand new cleats and stretching them all out! I found some really cute black and pink addidas! I know my glory soccer days are long past, so I figure as long as I look stylish while trying to relive those days, I will feel better about myself. (To those who have known me for a long time, this shouldn't surprise you)


This weekend was a mile marker for Rick and I. We celebrate our 12th anniversary! Saturday night we took the kids to On the Border and then went and saw Evan Almighty at the dollar theater. We debated all week about getting a babysitter or not, but I think this will be one of the most memorable anniversaries, my kids are amazing and so is Rick! We had a great family celebration!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

It's too bad whoever took your picture at On The Border had a seizure while doing it. It looks like a cute one, if it wasn't so blurry!

Happy 12th! Do you need me to come and serenade you two again??? I'm glad you enjoyed your celebration, with kids and all.

You, dear babs, are stylish so glory days or not, it would be a shame if you didn't keep up.

I finally watched High School Musical to see what the hype was all about and I think I actually lost brain cells. I wish I had a girl so that I could use that as an excuse, but I'm sure it's something I would have loved at Madelynn's age.