Sep 20, 2007

Idle Hands!

Tyler's handy work with the spray paint can, lucky for us his choice of color was purple, not the off white that was sitting right next to it!
He couldn't stop at the grass, he continued his masterpiece on the house, window and outlet box.
Now you are probably wondering where the parents were? I get to say I was away from the house at the time of this occurance, Rick was home and of course I think there was a football game on! Tyler has never really been a trouble maker, or one to go looking for something to get into, but we have had some instances with our cute little neighbor girls (twins), only a few months younger than Tyler. They have bonded because they both don't go to kindergarten until next year, so that leaves them with afternoons that they play while all the other kids are gone. I've found that if I don't suggest something for them to do, or keep checking on them (which a parent should do anyway) they find themselves in trouble. For instance today, I was cleaning and they were outside playing hot wheels cars, and I hear Riley say, lets throw these onto the deck, then I hear a loud bang against the sliding glass door! Needless to say, I had to redirect their thoughts of fun to something a little less hazardous to my house!


As for me and my lack of focus, I really need to get going on organizing my office! I think if Tyler were there for me like I am for him, he could say"mom that room is a mess, lets go in and start doing something about that!" Maybe that is asking too much of a four year old, but a little push would be nice.

On another subject:

Rick went to play in the John Deere Golf Tournament today, he and his partner won it last year and they both came home with flat screen T.V's and a trip to Georgia to play golf for a week. I just talked with him and he said he was able to score some free golf tees this year, but the big prize went to someone else. I was sad for him, but I know he had a great time. I didn't even ask what the prize was so that I wouldn't look disappointed when he came home. Is that bad?

I am in the process of cooking dinner, so that should cheer him up, that is another area in which my hands could be less idle!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

What?!? They are supposed to outgrow this sort of thing! I've been giving myself a few more months of mischievous Henry until he outgrew ruining all of my things by coloring on them or tearing them up. Oh no.

I hope Rick had a great time at his tournament!

The Adamyjo Clan & Then Some.... (UPDATED!!) said...

I had to laugh when I saw the spray paint horror! I love that you explained where what the "parents" were doing...:) I love it! Good color choice Tyler! Too funny!