Sep 4, 2007

Labor Day - No Joke!

Hi there friends and family,


We had a fabulous Labor Day weekend.

It all started by me being determined to clean out and get rid of EVERYTHING!

Friday morning (after a long week of going through all closets, and every nook and cranny) I finally had a nice size pile of stuff to do a garage sale!







It's not Nordstrom Rack, but my customers sure thought these things were great!

I was so excited when an hour into my sales, I already had earned a whopping $50! So I kept my door open until right after Tyler left for school, he was quiete the salesman, showing people how the toys worked and that the bikes truely did do wheelies! Then he moved onto doing skateboarding tricks.


Yes, he will be a professional dare devil one day!

So Saturday rolled around and I was just as gung-ho about selling! I talked my neighbor into pulling together some stuff the night before, and she had a ton of furniture and other big items that drew a crowd, so we joined forces and together sold almost all the big things and had a prosperous day! My family has been wanting a fire pit, so we took our hard earned money down to Lowe's and bought one, the kids each recieved $10 for helping and unselfishly giving up some toys that really they never played with. Then we loaded up the van and took the remaining items to Goodwill. Man do I love a good garage sale, how refreshing is it to purge your home of unneccesary junk, and get money for it! (just blows me away)


Saturday we also had a fun surprise with the arrival of Rick's sister and her family from Wyoming. They have their own plane and decided to fly down for a couple days. They are so much fun to hang out with, we went swimming and shopping and went out to see the Bourne Ultimatum (which I loved, but not when I was sitting in the second from the front row!) Then Monday morning they flew home.

Monday I ran in a half marathon down in the downtown area of Colorado Springs. It was a lot of fun. I ended up doing it by myself because my friend Kadi was in an accident and hurt her back. So I ran and walked it and finished in 2hours and 50 min., which isn't that great of a time, but I had a fun time just doing my own thing and enjoying the beautiful trail! Rick and the kids drove to certain spots to cheer me on, they are so kind to patiently wait for mom all morning and be my biggest fans at the end! Tyler even ran with me past the finish line, someday they will be the ones I'm cheering on in the races!




It was a beautiful day, but after the late nights with family and my run we were all ready for some R&R. After the race we went home for a nap and then got ready for a BBQ with some friends. We had a nice evening and broke in our fire pit by roasting marshmellows and making smores. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy feeding my face, but next time we fire it up I will.

Oh, I want to give a shout out to my friend Melissa who ran her first half marathon this Labor day in DisneyLand! Way to go girl! This was at her birthday dinner the weekend before.





My kids had today off of school for a teacher work day, so we spent the day at the pool soaking up the last sun rays. They each got to bring a friend along, which made my job easier by not having to entertain. Andrew is getting so good we are thinking of putting him in a swim club next summer. Madelynn is getting good too, but is still sticking close to the edge. Tyler is just happy floating on his tube and talking to himself about whatever toy he happens to be holding.


Well I hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

This is such a perfect Jill post! A little retail, a little fashion, some running...o.k....A LOT of running. How nonchalantly you talk of those 13.1 miles. I'm so impressed!